Best GTD tools and productivity software tips. Life improvement with GTD
The complete set of online, software and offline tools and applications
for improve and optimize your life and Getting Things Done (GTD technology / methodology).
Best free and comercial GTD software, to do list and project software.
Implement your own productivity system.
Get last news about using GTD and learn powerfull tips and tricks.
Get early access to iManagr - new organizing tool.
Last GTD news
Death to procrastination: Use the 4 day win to... Are you feeling a bit overwhelmed with everything you want to get done in the new year? ... . I know that I have some die-hard Getting Things Done (GTD) readers, so the methodology may feel either repetitive or too
Omnifocus' nested contextsIn the GTD system, you plan in projects. A project is just a grouping of actions with one goal ("Fix bug in pdf generation") ... my first entry on how I use omnifocus Tags: gtd, omnifocus
A New Day for Black Belt ProductivityWell, you may have noticed (if you are actually at the site), there is a new look to Black Belt Productivity now ... in the realm of productivity, and more specifically GTD. We look forward to bring them
GTD Cafe: How to Step Away from Gadget OverloadA while back I posted that I was upgrading my smartphone and considering some options. The time has come like many gadget aficionados ( ... a few moments to review my sponsors and check out the DIY GTD Calendar. An updated version for 2008
Readers' Choice campaigning heats upMac Central - IMO, it's the best GTD app out there, and the developer has always been very responsive, especially with including new features that were requested. Please also consider that iGTD has been provided as freeware from the beginning. I am sure that ...
What would the perfect business day look like?GTD - David Allen Most days small business owners are juggling all the stuff that comes at them all day, either planned or self-inflicted, with a somewhat unsystematic, gut level kind of approach
2 Days in 1 : Get More Done[ Astronomical Clock - Prague] Shortly after typing A Millenial's 6 Step Guide to Getting Things Done, I realized I had shared my strategy for getting things done (GTD) but, not the core strategy I use that helps me get more done (GMD) by staying focused. Too Many Tasks After Work Outside
More GTD news...123456789101112
- GTDNext Task Management App Hierarchical Task Management, Unlimited levels of projects, sub-projects and tasks, complete control over planning and executing your to do list workflow.
- Accomplice is a free Windows GTD application that helps you get things done, and even lets you sync some of your activities with other people across a secured internet connection.
- Actiontastic is a Quicksilver-friendly, iCal/PDA-syncing action contextifying machine.
- aTask! is a easy to use next action, project- and timemanagement tool. Runs on Windows.
- Bill Kratz's Setting up Outlook for GTD - not technically software, but his Contacts-As-Projects approach is unique and useful.
- ConceptDraw Mindmap - This "is an extremely powerful, flexible office tool, which handles the basic task it sets itself and a fair few more besides" (from PcPlus rewiew). Runs on both Mac OS X and Windows.
- EasyTask Manager - Easy Task is a To-Do / Task Manager list that supports the GTD ("Getting Things Done") method. Runs on Windows or Mac.
- FusionDesk is elegant and flexible task management tool that allows you to easily do GTD and track your work time. It has both a paid and a free version.
- Getting Things Done add-in for Outlook (Produced in parternship with the David Allen Co.)
- Gtdagenda - Use Goals, Projects, Tasks, Checklists, Schedules and Calendar to manage your time and activities in the efficient way.
- Ghost Action - A to to list manager for GTD with synchronization of actions, contexts and projects to iCal. Mac only.
- GoalEnforcer - A visual goal mapping software, it can implement complex goal plans as well as simple to do lists. The new hyperfocus zone is a good match for GDT "Next Action."
- GTD for Lotus Notes - Template for Lotus Notes
- GTD on wikidPad - A quick set-up guide for extracting contexted Next Actions from projects, using the windows (or Linux with Wine) desktop wikidPad.(Self-link)
- GTDInbox ( formely GTDGmail ) - Plugin for firefox to use GMail as a GTD tool easily
- GTD-PHP - PHP/MySQL for web site hosted GTD system
- Gtd on Rails - Simple web-based GTD Tool designed for personal use.
- iGTD - Application for implementing GTD under Mac OS X. Allows task recurrence, file attachments, and tagging. Optionally add new tasks or open file attachments through an integrated, systemwide menu bar Also supports Quicksilver
- iCommit - Rainer Bernhardt has put together a nifty little PHP app for doing GTD via a web interface. It lets you wrangle projects, next actions, calendar items, ad hoc lists, and all the other tactical building blocks of GTD all via your (non-IE) browser.
- iKog . Simple text to do list system. Supports GTD contexts. Cross-platform - Python 2.4+.
- Instant Boss - Time management & productivity boosting tool based on a concept from 43folders . Implements the (10+2)*5 concept of timing work/break cycles where you work in 10 minute bursts followed by 2 minute breaks, repeating this 5 times for a total of 1 hour. Provides audio & visual alerts for when you should be working and when it is ok to take a break. The work and break time lengths and number of cycles can be adjusted to suit your needs. Freeware/Donationware. Windows only.
- Jello Dashboard - The best Outlook GTD plugin - and it is free.
- Joe's Goals - A free Web 2.0 daily goal tracker to monitor your consistency.
- kGTD - an OmniOutliner-based GTD productivity environment with tight iCal integration and support for contexts, tickler files, review lists and a bunch more.
- Macro for good recurring tasks in Outlook 2003
- Midnight Inbox - Application for GTD implementing the five processing stages, with the main types of electronic document: projects, email messages, files, contexts and tasks. Claims that 'clean lines and elegant typography make it the best in its class for keeping lists and notes'. MacOSX 10.4
- MindManager - Visual "mind mapping" software for Mac and Windows. Used by David Allen and employees of Davidco as an efficient way to capture ideas and tasks, visually organize lists, conduct creative brainstorming, plan and manage products. See ResultsManager by www.gyronix.com for more examples of how to apply mind mapping to GTD.
- MonkeeBiz - A simple to-do list service with daily email reminders, automatic task scheduling, and Twitter integration.
- MonkeyGTD - A GTD system based on TiddlyWiki (TiddlyWiki is a personal wiki that works offline).
- MyInfo - Personal-reference information manager for Windows. Excellent as a general-reference filing system for electronic documents.
- MyLife Organized - New to-do list outliner with GTD roots.
- Needian - Organize in 1,2,3 - Very usable GTD application with email integration, Outlook sync (good integration with ClearContext and Jello Dashboard). Available for Windows Mobile.
- NextActionCards - Preprinted task cards on business card stock, to use to capture tasks and task info while out and about, and then later enter into computer or PDA program
- Nexty - Nexty is a easy to use GTD tool created in PHP. It can be installed in a local server or in a online web server. The core idea behind this software is simplicity. I wanted to make a GTD tool that is the most easy to use.
- Nozbe - Online Getting Things Done productivity system featuring quick web2.0 interface.
- OpenNTF Productivity Extensions for Notes - Template for Lotus Notes
- Pimki - A wiki based PIM with contextual todo's. Written in Ruby and release as open source.
- Planner mode for the editor emacs . Not specifically designed for GTD, but fits the system very well.
- PocketMod - is a new way to keep yourself organized. Extrimely simple solution. In a few words it's a template for paper printing. But... The PocketMod is a small book with guides on each page. These guides or templates, combined with a unique folding style, enable a normal piece of paper to become the ultimate note card.
- Propel'r is a new web-based GTD project management application that lets you do collaborative GTD.
- pyGTD - text based todo system written in Python. Works on Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Ready-Set-Do! - A set of applescripts that comprehensively integrates all of one's files and programs into David Allen's GTD workflow. Has some nice Quicktime movie tutorials and a Sync iCal ToDos plug-in. Mac-only.
- Remember the Milk - Very clean and powerful todo list and task manager with a lot of nifty features.
- ResultsManager - Implements GTD for MindManager mind mapping software. Creates dashboards to sort Next Actions by context, by project, etc. Pro version syncs with Outlook.
- Simple GTD - Simple GTD is a completely free web-based tool which help you in organizing your stuff and will assist you to applying "GTD Principles" in your daily life.
- TaskJeeves is a simple and powerful GTD tool. Fast and easy to use. Much more simpler than the other available solutions and totally free.
- Tasktoy - free & lean GTD-centered web-based todo & project tracking. Mobile access, can be fed via email.
- Thinking Rock - Free Java software based on the GTD methodology. Very simple to set-up and use. Windows/Mac/Linux.
- Tinderbox - The tool for notes is a perfect tool for capturing everything and revealing it in a GTD centric way. Customizable to fit any workflow, simple or complex GTD templates . More Discussion and Links
- The GTD toolbox - Software developers team present new project in GTD software, and review advantages and disadvantages of other systems and software.
- Todoist - A simple web-based todo list manager to help you get organized.
- Toodledo - Full featured todo list manager.
- Tracks - A web-based GTD application written in Ruby and released under the GPL. Check out some Screenshots
- tracks.tra.in - Another free hosted version of Tracks.
- TreePad - Personal Information Manager, Information Organizer.
- TreePad Lite - Freeware Personal Information Manager for Windows: store, organize, and search all your notes, emails, texts, hyperlinks, etc.
- tweeto - Browser based todo list manager that works both online and offline.
- Tudumo - Windows GTD - tag your actions - very simple looking but awesome filtering.
- Vitalist - Online GTD.
- wikiGTD - This GTD-related MediaWiki extension creates custom tags for you to insert dynamic Next Action lists, Projects, and Contexts. This software is actively being developed; the current version (0.3.0 as of May 2005) is suitable for web developers and power users.
- What's Next - cross-platform application focusing on simplicity and a streamlined user experience. Quicksilver-like matching of projects, context and action names.
- ZenList - A free hosted version of Tracks! (note: This is discontinued from Nov 2006)
- Zoot: http://www.zootsoftware.com - An unstructured database implementation with a powerful text engine, outlook integration and a host of features. The Zoot Forum has several ideas on implementing GTD on Zoot.
- Zotero Zotero [zoh-TAIR-oh] is a free, easy-to-use Firefox extension to help you collect, manage, and cite your research sources. It lives right where you do your work - in the web browser itself.
Search in carefully selected sites and blogs about GTD and productivity
This feature powered by Custom Search technology from Google.
In this episode, David and Merlin look at best practices for implementing Getting Things Done.
David shares some great advice on firewalling review time and warns us how to avoid the
perils of "cruise control."
Source of initial list:
Interesting: Blog contains blog posts digests for posts with lists.